MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Friday, March 04, 2005

More Site-Related Crap

After a brief, five-hour experiment, I have abandoned Haloscan, for reasons noted in the comment thread to my prior post on the topic: that comments are limited to 1000 characters, and expire, as it were, after a few months. This means, for the time being, that trackbacks are not available regarding links to my page. However, Matt was kind enough to direct me to Simpletracks, where I can ping trackbacks to other sites, which was all I really wanted in the first place.

The moral: if you don't ask people who actually know, then you're a victim of marketing waiting to happen and probably will end up with something less than ideal to your purposes. But Blogger, if you're listening, were you to provide this functionality people like we wouldn't have to go hunting around for bits and pieces of code in the first place.

I'm (obviously) not a web geek, and hopefully this is the last you'll hear from me on this topic. At least for a while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pssst! Movable Type!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker