MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

This House Is Home 3.5

I backdated this to keep it in sequence; it got skipped.

8/27/05

1AM and the slightly acrid smell of new sheets, shiny and discomposing themselves as I write. First night on a real bed in my new house. First night going to bed without a glass of water because it's just. too. far. to the kitchen.

I know where nothing is; under my nails the bruised quick blazes purple under black moons.

The roof leaks.

First rain storm, not a severe one, and the roof leaks.

What have I gotten into this time?

I'm thirsty. I think it's worth the trip after all. I'll send postcards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker