MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Morning Soundtrack


Speaking of Canada, and I was, this morning I negotiated Lawrenceville traffic to the sounds of Esthero, who, after an interminable hiatus of seven years, returned with her spectacular sophomore album earlier this year (having just learned that she recorded the first sleeper hit when she was only eighteen, I suppose I can sympathize).

Now, I don't even own an iPod, let alone ride in traffic with one. Too much of my decisionmaking on the road is driven by ambient noise -- the impatient whine of a truck in low gear just behind me and champing at the bit to squeeze by, the sound of an oncoming car echoing from between two warehouses on a Strip District Side Street, the sound of a car starting a half-block ahead -- to afford any such distractions.

But that doesn't mean I can't sing, if breathlessly and badly, and that's what I was doing this morning, all the way in: one utterly addictive song.

I don't do reviews. But you should own this album. And the first one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker