MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

On the Passage of Years

Sometimes I think that the only thing preventing me from quitting smoking is the fear that my Zippo, monogrammed (MOP, of course), which has been with me now for something like six years and has somehow turned up on over a dozen occasions when I was certain I lost it (most recently, it disappeared for a good two weeks, and this time I was really sure), will feel betrayed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps a lovely rededication ceremony in which you explain to the Zippo that it will be repurposed to the sole task of love life enhancement through the lighting of candles?

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker