MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Coincidence?

I find it intriguing that the day I have chosen which of two job offers I will accept is the same day the Vatican chose a new Pope.

(Here, I can't get into the details of the job I will accept for obvious reasons, but I've previously discussed the opportunities in broad strokes, and in the words I used then, I have chosen to accept the offer of an "office the value of which inheres in the nature of its work and its prestige, rather than its compensation" over a much more pedestrian, but considerably more lucrative opportunity. My pragmatic streak is very narrow, it would seem. Here's hoping that I manage my new duties more responsibly than I manage my personal finances. In any event, this means, among other things, that I will be staying in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future (whether you like it or not).)

NOTE: This should be obvious, but just in case, for those of you who know the offers at issue and thus know which one I am accepting, please don't be too explicit if you comment. Thanks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fry cook at wendys vs greeter at walmart. humm, i can see why you'd want to keep that on the dl...:)

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and I am happy to here you will be in the 'burgh a little while longer.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be 'hear' you will be in the....... not 'here'. Damnit, I should not be allowed to post.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker