MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

"Foreign" Films


Dr. David could not wait for the night,
whatever that meant. He thought it surprising
I knew he liked foreign films, but all I had done was see
him at a belated Fellini Festival. And I mentioned this
to Dr. David, to him, as half-an-insight. Maybe I even
lied about my half-insight. That would be like me.
To lie. To lie a little. Which turns everything more
on its side than I thought.
"You like foreign films, don't you."
Surprised: "I do. Very much. How
did you know."
"Just a feeling." I hesitate,
but say, "Just a feeling."

Early dark censures our last meeting.
Mr. Me is flunking out of school. Ergo: no more school-
reduced-almost-free visits to school psychiatrist.
Dr. David even stretches to have this one.
The dark is early and clunky and figures to haunt me,
or make Mr. Me sad, or give this crumbly tinge
to much of my crumbly life.

--Michael Burkard, Unsleeping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker