MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday Shuffle, Baby's First iPod

Okay, I probably won't make a habit of this, but back when it was new(er), some bloggers had fun posting a random cross-section of their iPods via a short shuffle session. I'm new to the whole iPod thing, but sitting around this evening, book-keeping, I threw my iPod earbuds in mostly to test how my ears like them over a period of time and hit shuffle. So far, I've added perhaps ten or so CD's, chosen more or less at random from a collection it will take me months to entirely rip into digital format. The only guide in selecting CD's at this point is to choose ones that I like, play regularly, and think are pretty good from front to back. Here's my first shuffle, or at least the first dozen songs of it:

1. Death Cab for Cutie -- Stable Song
2. Radiohead -- Tree Fingers
3. Medeski Martin & Wood -- Hey-Hee-Hi-Ho
4. Elvis Costello / Brodsky Quartet -- Dear Sweet Filthy World
5. MMW -- Everyday People
6. Fleetwood Mac -- Oh Daddy
7. EC/BQ -- This Offer is Unrepeatable
8. Beam (local hip-hop fusion act) -- Defiance
9. Nirvana (unplugged) -- Something in the Way
10. EC/BQ -- I Thought I'd Write to Juliet
11. Air -- La Femme d'Argent
12. The Shins -- Caring is Creepy

And it goes on, even presently, but that's enough since, aside from my iPod's apparent aversion to playing the Fiona Apple I loaded, that pretty much covers what I've got in there so far.

Labels: , ,

eXTReMe Tracker