MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

teh HAWT QB

Somehow, today, I stumbled across Big Ben Roethlisberger's "Official Blog." I suppose it should come as no surprise to me that almost everyone who comments (distinct, I imagine, from everyone who visits) is a woman, many of them posting repeatedly to the same thread to imply or explicitly reiterate over and again their undying love for and infatuation with Pittsburgh's newest hometown hero, and his unimaginatively named dog, Zeus.

This one, in any event, is my absolute hands-down favorite comment from my favorite thread:

Hey Ben,

I think your GTO is going too look cool once you fix it up. Ben i can't wait too see the finished pictures of the car when it's done. Ben maybe some day you can take me for a ride in your GTO.

Ben what made you want too fix up that car????????


love Barbara

write me back when get the time

I don't know where to begin Ben. Ben where should I begin? Ben have I mentioned that I like saying your name so much Ben that I'm going to start every sentence that way? Ben have I? Ben write me. Ben write me soooooooon.

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a stand-up guy, and nobody can dispute his athletic prowess. His regular season record -- 21-3 now, if I'm not mistaken -- speaks for itself, no matter how good the team around him has been these past two years. But really, folks, don't we have better things to do?* Ben don't we have better things to do?

* I recognize a certain internal inconsistency in taking the time to mock people for what they take time to do, but the truth is, at this exact moment, I don't have better things to do, or perhaps more accurately don't feel like doing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker