MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

More Dillard, In the Same Vein

Annie again:

If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be too cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.

Indeed.

(I'm not sure of the source, as I picked it up from a magazine this evening. I'm thinking it's something of hers I haven't read, since I don't recognize it, and her wonderful images rarely seem unfamiliar the second time, so indelibly do they mark the reader. There isn't much of hers I haven't read, but I'll have to poke around and see what I've missed.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Garage Renovation Berkeley said...

Great post thankks

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker