MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Hotel Blogging

It's sort of amazing given my age and background that I've traveled for business as little as I have. Alas, this week I did not escape, and so I wake, a little too early, on the abrasive sheets of a hotel in Harrisburg, in a room I described to a colleague last night as feeling as though it is decorated, top to bottom, with flame retardant pajama material. And mind you, I'm at what passes for a very nice hotel, one with wireless access and various bells and whistles.

This morning, I awake early to get a head start on a long day, to do some advance reading. But first, a cigarette, a cup of dilute coffee, and a small bit of good news:

BAR/BRI, the monopoly bar exam preparation service nearly as ineluctable and omnipresent to law students as the bar exam itself, is in trouble.

Since I won't have a lot to do in the evenings, assuming I can leave a couple of more social early-evening engagements sober enough to type (a safe assumption), I'll probably be spending some much overdue time here catching up. But first, a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker