MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Hall of Pain

Prodigal resumption of climbing last Thursday. Back on the bike after a ten-day hiatus Friday. Climbing outside Saturday, then yesterday triangle commute on the bike plus another gym climbing session.

Inventory of things that hurt:

* Flesh at the base of my left thumb (shredded it Saturday)
* Right middle finger
* Really, all of my last-segment knuckles
* Most of my spine, in various ways
* My trapezius muscles (big time)
* Left wrist
* Both forearms (big time)
* Oh, right wrist, too
* Right hip
* Left knee
* Right bicep
* Left big toe

New membership at the gym: $130
Gas and sundries for Saturday West Virginia trip: $40
Advanced healing band aid: $1

Having finally found my way back to deriving pleasure from driving my body to the very brink of collapse: Priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker