MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Billy Joel, Elton John, Thanks for the Memories -- Now Do Please Go Away

I have been massively entertained by Michael Berube's frequent ("God and all her competitor dieties know how much I despise Billy Joel, how I utter vile imprecations when “Piano Man” or “Only the Good Die Young” or “Just the Way You Are” or “My Life” suddenly intrudes upon my car radio") lambastings ("[John had]already begun jumping the shark in 1973") of the above-named entertainers, even as I wonder about the impetus to dignify them by mention so frequently, and with such rigor and ardor. For a very amusing extended critique of Sir Elton in particular, you should enjoy the post at the second link. And just disregard the dissonant sop Berube throws John toward the end; it's too little too late. Oh, and Bowie comes in for consideration in there as well. Funny stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker