MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Explosion in Iran

So sad that as much as I love my country, I don't trust my country. Or rather, I don't trust my government just now. But then again, maybe this was Poland -- don't forget Poland!

UPDATE: To be clear, it now appears to have been nothing. I'm not backing away from the above; I still blame my government for pushing me to where I assume the absolute worst. And now, we return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

UPDATE 2: Evidently, I'm not the only one. On the unrelated topic of the assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri, Josh Marshall, who usually sources his assertions meticulously, confesses a simple gut-level doubt about the administration's assertions regarding the event. Quoth he:
[I]t is more than a little unfortunate that I at least find it hard to take at face value anything this administration says about the probable perpetrators. And again, I say that not with any particular knowledge of this situation, but simply on the basis of the track record and the region of the world

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker