MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Housekeeping: Blogroll and Suggested Reading

Yesterday, after reorganizing and pruning my bookmarks for export to my new computer, I revisited my blogroll, which seemed a bit lengthy. Sure enough, I found things there that had fallen off the bottom of my reading list, and so I removed them. (If you are one of the ones removed, and you link to this blog, I apologize -- please drop me a line and I'll be happy to restore you.)

Also yesterday, Majikthise was kind enough to link here again. I'm pretty sure MOP's two biggest traffic days are the two days she has done so, and I'm grateful for and flattered by the traffic.

In that same vein, she recently encouraged her readers to read Effect Measure. The weblog largely addresses itself to public health issues with what seems a sober and incisive voice. Given all the guff out there that passes for health policy news, and in light of the H5N1 avian flu stuff presently at the center of the MSM spotlight (it'll pass, the coverage that is, unless and until the beast is unleashed through regular human-to-human contagion), which is well worth watching but not by reference to anything that thinks in terms of column inches or Nielsen ratings, this site promises to be an excellent resource.

On a personal note, I also intend to read Effect Measure's series on George Lakoff in advance of reading some of Lakoff's own work. He's too important to the contemporary left for me to know so little about him, and that needs to change.

In any event, Effect Measure is now on my blogroll under Policy. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker