MoonOverPittsburgh

Some tiny creature, mad with wrath,

Is coming nearer on the path.

--Edward Gorey

Name:
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S. Outlying Islands

Writer, lawyer, cyclist, rock climber, wanderer of dark residential streets, friend.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Thank You Sir, May I Have Another?

I've tried hard, and will continue to try hard, not to let this site devolve into an ongoing political screed. I am very politically minded, and I am left of center (as anyone with a moment to ponder anything on this site would easily surmise). Still, many others do politics better than I, possessed as they are of more knowledge, more rhetorical skill, and more passion to share their views.

At present, I have yet to get around to setting up my template to accommodate links. Accordingly, you have no access to my Favorites file, which is chockablock with blogs and media sites that satisfy my political appetite. I will post many of these, eventually, because they inform who I am. Still, I will largely refrain from doing more than occasionally calling attention to certain stories or postings of particular interest.

The personal being the political, however, sometimes my poorly articulate vision for this repository of ephemera coincides with my political interests. Baltar, over at bloodlesscoup, has done a belated but excellent job of parsing at length the speech President Bush delivered on the occasion of his inaugural. With political speeches, especially historic ones honed over months by innumerable talented aids and writers, it's appropriate to read the words like poetry, and milk them for every cadence, their import in context, their under- and overtones. Baltar has done a great job of it, and makes a number of excellent observations. Go read it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Moon said...

Thanks for the link, Shar.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker